Moonlight trek at Kalavaara betta

Plan - Moon Light trek at Kalavaara Betta.
Group - 10 people.


The Schedule was to meet at the Hebbal Flyover at 10.00 pm. I reached around 9.40 pm. So went around looking for something to eat. Found a bakery and had few Egg Puffs, and Juices. I then waited for the fellow trekkers. It was a group of professional Photographers. All with high tech camera's and big big lens and tripods.

Finally Assembling took lot of time. and we started from hebbal flyover around 11.30 pm. The Drive to the Kalavaara Betta, took us around 1.30 hours. We reached the foot of the hill at around 1.00 am. We started the trek around 1.45 am.

The look at the hill top looked very reachable and we never thought it will take 3 hours to reach the top. Well I think the way we traveled made it 3 hours. We had huge number of breaks. ( It's one of the treks in which i had taken maximum breaks in a small time.) My self, Vinbuthi, Prasoon and sunil were the slow Trekkers. We were discussing all the topics in the world. Finally reached the top at around 4.30 am. The view was amazing, I could not capture it as I don't have a tripod. ( will definitely attach someone else photograph ) . I sat in the hill top for few minutes. It was very chill wind blowing, It was making me feel like i was freezing. I was just thinking, just few meters above the ground one feels so chill and freezing, well how it will be in the Himalayan range. The very thought scared me. Well I decided to sleep for sometime, but as there was too much crowd in the hill top, everyone shouting and burning every bush they see dry ( In the name of camp fire ).. I felt little bad, and was thinking the destructive power the man has.

Well Much waited sun was just rising. And photographers were standing lined up as army soldiers just waiting to shoot at sight the almighty sun. There are no words to describe the beauty of the rising sun, which makes the moon look dull. First sun fills the complete dark sky with blue and red, and then comes up as a huge red ball, shining bright and making the sky fade to its tune.

Well the photo session was over. ( Especially a group next to us .. I think they were from Honeywell company, The shooting of there stars took place :-)) )
We all started back to base camp. In the middle had breakfast in the Prasoon dhaba, (He has huge collection of food). And finally reached base camp at around 9.00 am.

Reached Bangalore at around 11.00 am , and then hit the bed directly. ( believe me i was falling asleep while driving .. It was really pathetic.. I somehow managed to be awake just by watching other on road.. )

Moonlight trek at Kalavaara betta

Comments

Prasoon Rana said…
Buddy I slept like Dead after that... It was an awsum trek... and it was nice to meet you both after long time... That HUGE COLLECTION in my Dhabha was not huge enough at that time :-p..

neways... when/how Vibhuti reached that day..?
Jawahar said…
True Prasoon,

Yhea it was not enough for the hungry beasts there ;-) ..

Viburthi reached that time, It seems he came ripping.. Initially lost way and then ripped, to bangalore. He went and watched Sherk movie at 11.00 am show in PVR.. and then evening went for the Aerosmith show..

I said to him he has amazing stamina :-)) ..
Puthali said…
Yea, its become a very popular place now and like any popular place it is having its share of crowd problems...doubt if you can go thr netime without other ppl ard...

Popular Posts