Road trip around Kashmir Valley

I don't know why i feel so lazy to blog. I know its late, there were lot of small small incidents which touched me during this entire trip. Its just an attempt to bring in my experience in this trip.

We had planned for a Group ride from Delhi to Delhi via Kashmir. The route was challenging, as it is a steep ascend and its a major test to man and machine, since its all extreme climatic conditions which is to come through.

Let me introduce u two of the riders with me -

a. Haren
b. Sakthi

Haren Asher is a cool person, little lazy like me, His famous dailog is "Kay farak padtha haai " ..

Sakthi -- as his name is a bundle house of energy and speed. Even with the high feaver.

***
I think i have taken too much time to write a detailed blog..
Let me tell u few things i enjoyed the most. .

* Night stay at Sarchu ( we stayed in Blue poppy tent in the mid of the valley So cold and freezing )
* Riding in the Chamba on snowy conditions.. while we started we were around 12 and when we reach on top we were only two.( me and haren ) .. rest all returned back to the Leh.. [ we could not move further as we did not bring permits ]

* Ride From Leh to Srinagar. { Here Sakthi was not interested in visiting Gompas... and he went ahead from us. We did the ride with Mad Bulls Vijay , Dossai and Chief. It was most memorable stay at Kargil .. All 5 riders trying to accomudate in a single room ... ;-)

* Stay in boat house in Kashmir, with beautiful kids Humaira and Shaima.. { Shaima was the small one and is bit caring }

* Ride in the rain from Srinagar to Pathankot.. We lost our way and did not want to stop in the jungle, so drove till Panjab.

* Stay in Amritsar.

* Back to delhi in the Youth Hostel.

All the photos are availabe in my

http://www.flickr.com/photos/udroyt/
Kashmir-Amritsar-delhi

Comments

Maneesh KB said…
Hi, Could you please detail about your kashmir trip. Me nd my frnds planning a trip to Srinagar. We have around 10 days. We dont know where to go, where to stay, how to reach and how much all this will coast. Please help us. looking for ward to here from you. my mail id is tomanishkb@gmail.com
Anonymous said…
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Jawahar said…
Thanks, But anonymous why is that u have commented on this blog.. ? which is way old... :)

Popular Posts