Ride to Madurai --> Kodaikanal --> Palani

Date -> 12th Sep 2007 to 16th Sep 2007
Start Point -> Bangalore

This Ride started with lot of hiccups. Me and my friend had fallen down from bike the previous Sunday and my friend suffered a blood clot in the bone and she is not able to walk well till date. Well all said its bad sign and not to do biking for this long trip. But mind does not listen and i put on my Saddle bags and was all set for the ride. It really feels bad that some one has to sit back home because of mistake that isn't theres.


This is my first solo 1000 + kms ride. I was mentally prepared for the same. Back in my mind I had the previous weekend's accident and decided not to touch 3 figures speed for the entire journey. this trip was to attend the Marriage of my cousin Brothers at madurai and Palani.

On Wednesday Morning i started at 6.00 am from my house. It was a slow and steady ride. Till Krishnagiri the route was amazing one i crossed Krishnagiri the traffic on the road was heavy and i could not maintain the same speed. I was getting delayed by the Trucks and buses comming in opposite direction and making me go off the road in there attempt to overtake other vehicles. This pissed me off for a while and then i will restart my journey.

I had targeted my journey for 7 hours .. it became bit more than that. I had to travel an hour extra to reach Madurai. The it took more time to reach home as i had to wait for cousin to pick me up to home. Well what i loved was the surprise look all gave to me when they came to know that i had come on bike itself.

The marriage was on Thursday and Friday we had plan to visit kodaikanal. The journey was plesent one. I took the Kodai Road and reached Kodaikanal in 2 hours time. The ride was interesting one, with little showers on the way. The time i reached Kodaikanal it was dark and Temperature started dropping. I had along wait for my cousins to come.

The next day it was fun filled took a Qualis and traveled for Site seeing. It was really a gud experience as we were imitating all the elders in the family. Time for descent to Palani. It took nearly an hour and half to reach Palani. The Route was scenic.

Started from Palani the sunday morning. This time i decided not to take NH, So took the route map and thought of planing the way. Every other was suggesting the route via Dindugal or Salem. [ i.e Catch NH7 and proceed to Bangalore ], I had read in mails from other rider brothers that one can take a route Via Mettur. I remembered Mettur and planned my trip. It was the real fantastic. I avoided the NH and traffic. I reached NH 7 in Thoppur. Just 7 km before Dharmapuri i took a deviation which comes via Palakot and rajakottai to Hosur. the route was real scenic.

This time the travel took just 6 hours. in the Middle fuse blew off in my bike. ;-) well this did not hit panic button in me. but i just solved and continued my trip further.

Few lessons learnt from trip
* Never ask for the final destination, ask for the intermediate routes. People will mislead your journey.
* Follow the sign boards carefully. if confusion just ask for the highway.

what irritated me was ppl who don't know the route and mislead me to the wrong way. I had to travel 20 km more to reach the destination. :-)

Over all I know every Trip is a new learning and one evolve better with every trip.

kodaikanal

Comments

Popular Posts