Trip to Poland ( Oct 27 2007 to Nov 7 2007 )

It was an official trip to Szczecin in Poland. It was to participate in an workshop there. Well in this blog I am not going to discuss that anywhere. So I am just here to blog my experiences there. Some funny things, Some funny conversations and my thought processing.

We had two teams one consisting of three people and other two, and all were heading towards poland. Let me give a brief intro about all others

Hemant Daga - We generally call him daga boy ( bhai ) .. these both fits his character well. Some time he is unstoppable like bhai's of mumbai and he sometimes like boy. :-) .. Complete vegetarian not even egg.

Safdar Khan - Called as Khan. A very sweet person, future model. Takes some time to get known to people. Once he starts feeling comfortable, he is like appy ( cool person to hang around ) . eggtarian in this trip. ( religious reasons )

Other is me :-) i have written so much abt me :-) In this team only non vegetarian.

The other Team consists of two people -->
Santosh -> Model .. wants his photos in every frame.. :-) coool person and
very good planner. Its because of his efforts we could c lot of places.

Deepika -> ( We called her Mami .. and her meaning for mami was god in Telugu which none of the other telugu ppl knew.. ). She was young , enthuciastic, bubbling with energy.. ( one can see while she walks also .. She jumps and walks ).. Always in hurry, but later I came to know was also a deep thinker.

The Secound team joined our team in Frankfurt, as those ppl had flight from hyderabad and we had direct from bangalore. It was really funny seeing first these ppl. The lady had packed all her eatables and her perfume and lens solution in hand luggage and almost not willing to throw in dustbin as the rule says we r not suppose to carry liquid more than 100 ml inside flight. finally throwed it in dustbin.
I tried few photography there in frankfurt. I liked the lady who was reguesting us to throw luggage. Past experience says I am a bad portrait Photography, so i thought i need to try it more in the trip. So took out the zoom lens and all set to hunt people.


OnWaytoSzczecin_poland


Well still i need to learn more. I should try more but i can c that i am better than before in portrait photography. In the flight i had all the vegetarian ppls food. reached Szczecin at around 8.00 pm. Went to hotel had a bath it was almost 9.00 pm. My self and Khan both wanted to have some food. went to the Sigma Mall next to our hotel ( Raddison SAS ). But could not find anything to eat as we saw that on sunday all the shops were closed by 8.00 pm only. We could not find our way through to the food court.

Finally returned back without finding open restaurant. And slept hungry. Morning we had breakfast at Hotel. It was looking as royal food. tried every combination of food early morning. I generally had no problems with food in poland. All the things were well cooked. including meat. so i did not have any problem at all. I generally eat little more sugar.those ppl were shocked when I add 10 gm of sugar to Tea or coffee. But i was surprised when Daga use to add 2-3 saches of sugar to Juice also...(Apple juice also ) [;)] may be he is pepsi fan ( Yee Dil mange more )

The day went on fine till we had one day holiday on thursday ( Soles day ). That day morning we were roaming all round the city. I like the concept there. In the cities The foot paths were marked with color paints ( Our was Red paint in Szczecin ) the tourist have to follow that trail and they can see all the important places just by walking with the line. We did the trip on walk and went wit the line, on thursday. On the walk we met one indian Girl in szczecin. Aman was her name.. and daga was trying to impress her :-)) .. we pulled his leg after that for his act...
poland_at_night


That night we went to cemetry. Just to c the candles. Well ppl scared us so much, they said it will be so crowded in the place. You ppl will get lost.. etc.. But u know what .. It was just like, working day crowd in the Malls in blr. ( If u go on hoidays then u come to c the real crowd ) .. I was just laughing and said this people will get shock if asked to travel in Suburban Train in Bombay. Guys that called crowd.
poland_Zakopane


On the weekend we had plan to trip Zakopane. This was rated as the most beautiful place in Poland. Its also called as winter capital. hee... heee... Well I was impressed with it cleanniness but i still rate Himalayan range as more beautiful ( espcially Kashmir Valley ) ... We did a trek in winter and the all team enjoyed trek there. Well for a stay for 6 hours we had travelled for 15 hours one way. :-) next sunday we came back and then we left for Baltic sea, to swinaisoia city. which is 120 km from Szczecin. The sea was quite cold. and santosh wanted a photo as in indian shores.. with legs inside water.. Might be he forgot the temperature difference.
poland


We had nice time there. returned back to Szczecin. Next week we had hectic work and shopping.

There were quite a few interesting experience with friends in Szczecin with respect to pronunciation, and English.

First i am going to write an interesting thing that happen in office. Myself and Michal were talking, I was talking about my bike rides ( In india if one says Bike - it means Motor Bike ). I was telling him that I enjoy doing long rides. I travel 300 kms on bike. The Michal was asking really.. He was asking me.. how fast do u go. I was saying i generally touch 110 km/hr easily. and He was amazed to know that In hilly roads i could maintain an average of 50 km. wit lot of rest and all. Well this discussion was over 10 minutes. Then he asked which bike i have.. I was telling that I have a Indian Made. I still could see the surprise in his face. Well then discussion went on to Bike makers. Then i said About Yamaha and Ducati . he was surprised and asked do Yamaha and ducati produce bikes in india ??.. I got surprised and sensed something is going wrong completly.. I asked what u mean by bike. I bursted to laugh, when i came to know that he was refering bike to what we refer as cycle. ;-)).. Then i said its motor bike.. Well all there bursted to laugh when I imagined what and all i told .. about cycle .. Over taking the cars.. Etc.. This was one funny experience i will never forget.

In Poland we always had problems with Language. I have to say that we did not know languages they knew. We had most of our food at galaxy mall. As said earlier we had a huge group of vegetarian people with us. ( Vegetarian means - person who eats only plants and vegetables. no meat or fish ). I am generally a person who changes to local food. I always go to local restaurant and then Check the menu and then pick randomly and then eat. when accompanied by colleagues, would get there opinion and try local food. Other had problems with food. We went to a restaurant and asked for Vegetarian food. Luckily the person knew English. He said Vegetarian -- yes we have vegetarian food. Fish . We insisted no meat.. He then said " yes it has no meat ,only fish" .. :-)) we laughed and then ordered Fritki ( French fries ) and Salad. This had been food for few of my colleagues during the trip. I really liked the people's sense of humor. Once in Swinaisoia we were eating Fish and we liked it so much and then asked what is the name of this item .. ( we asked what it is ?? He said it was -- .. ) .. :-)) we all laughed.. Well I must say that the place was very calm. We were only the sound box there. We all used to shout and talk. and everyone there used to get amazed.


Comments

Misiaque said…
Well, waiting for the promised update ;-)

Popular Posts