Chennai - Trip On my Victor.


On friday afternoon when i was working, suddenly a mail came from HR. In the mail it was stated that "with respect to bandh on Monday(i.e 12-feb-07) the office will remain closed, and insterd of this day it has to be compensated on comming saturday". This triggered series of serious thought s in my mind. I was saying to myself that i don't want to be her this weekend. I decide to go home. and on a weekend if u need to go to Chennai one has to plan for the travel well in advance. ( Well in advance means atleast a month for getting confirmed tickets in train ) But still i tried in sites for tickets for all three public transport modes (i.e bus, train and air ), but could not get even a ticket.

After all this research i decided to travel in my Bike. ( though let it be a Trial trip for my trip to Leh ). Well I announced this to my friends, because i had already learnt an important lesson in my Time management training i.e "If you want to achieve a goal set the goal in public. This makes one commited to the goal set ". I too did the same.

One thing was just bothering me that if i go all alone for 6 hours wouldn't i get bored. Well truth is I didn't get bored are tired at all. I was just filled with energy even after almost six hours of tiresome journey.

Early morning I thought of starting at 4.00 am but as usual, i am the only person going it does not bother much as i had no meetings to attend after i reach there. I switched off my alarm and slept. I got up at 5.00 am, Natures call .. then all set for my first full stretch 350 km drive in bike. I left my home around 5.20 am and started my trip. well from here the journey continues.
It was little cold and breezing in morning. I could not hit top speed as i was feeling that my hands were freezing. So drove in around 60 km/hr. Well this was also little too much. By the time i reached Hosur it was almost 6.00 am. I filled my petrol tank ( Petrol is cheaper than bangalore ), then had Tea as i was feeling cold. Started heading towards Krishnagiri. Well I felt it was soo beautiful and the sun started rising and i was feeling little better. ( of course sun is the source of all energy.. for me as well ) . I could see that i was driving faster than what i was driving before. The beautiful stretch got over. and then had to take a left for chennai. ( it was end of my travel in NH7 ).

When I took a left to Chennai highway, A confused Qualies driver took a sudden left. I was in my 60's so i managed to stop just by brushing his qualies. I shouted at him. He said sorry.. Neither i nor my bike had got hurt, it was just that my handle had crushed in the Chasis of qualis. I further started my journey. I was little bit careful of this qualies drivers. who were slower than me. I reached Poonamallee at around 10 am. Till then the road was absolute beauty. I really enjoyed each part of the drive. After that i was almost riding in roads which had only stones. It took nearly an hour to complete that part of dirve. ( 9 km to my home ) . Finally reached home at 11.00 am. Really happy that i made it.

On the way back I was accompanied with brahan. He had come for some wedding. so we both had to come back. I think mind plays its part. The first time was trilling but when you do it for the secound you are little confident that it is achievable. I was driving the whole stretch. We started at around 1.30 pm. I used to keep intermediate time check to see if i can reach faster than i came. But as while driving back we were two my bike never crossed above 90 km/hr.. (Bit sad) .. But could keep it for the whole drive i never deacclerated .. reached Banglaore at around 7.30 pm.

One the whole the Journey to and Back to chennai was enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts