Karwar Trip


Karwar ->
It is really a amazing place to visit. I must not say that whole Karwar is amazing as i have not seen it completly, We stayed in Devabagh Island, karwar. It's really mindblowing. It is bit costly for a day ( 1900 rs Per person per day), but one can enjoy a lot there. It has three types of cottages, ( cottage, Log hut and fisherman hut ). I stayed in fisherman hut was just 100 mts away from the sea.


The travel to karwar from bangalore was not the most enjoyable one. I had to sleep in the floor of the Tempo traveller. ( we were 14 and number of seats were just 12 ). But for me it was more comfortable sitting in the floor of Tempo traveller than on seat.( Tall and huge fellow like me cannot squeeze into on seat of TT ). The Journey started on Friday night with little hic ups.. We had planned to have dinner at Dhaba around 10.00 pm, but few in group had gone for dinner made use start late. (means other were feeling the hunger... ). We reached Dhaba at around 11.00 pm and had our dinner. Dhaba dinner was as usual .... ( More chilli .. ), but hunger helped to finish it in the speed it came to the plates.

Sleepy Drivers
I now have a feeling that these drivers have the habit of sleeping and driving, may be this is like a slow dose of drug, and they enjoy driving with full sleep. This trip was not and exception to the Sleeping driver saga. Few have to wake with driver for the entire journey. The driver took atleast 6-7 breaks before he took us to Karwar. The total journey time increased to 14 long hours.

Once we entered Karwar the first thing which i saw was the lovely beach. I feel i have a soft corner for the beaches, When ever i see beach it adds lot of emotions and energy into me. Sea is a true consoler.. It always tells me never give up, it also gives life to all my emotions. This makes me feel that i am just another lonely wanderer resting in the laps of the sea, who is consoling her child to walk ahead. I felt her saying " Dreams are made to be broken when you awake, Never try to live with your dreams. insterd let your dreams be inspiration to move ".

From Devabagh


We reached Devbagh island at around 1.00 pm. Checked in the room, We had booked 6 rooms. My self and vijay had to share a room. I rememeber the first sentence vijay said.. " I place is awesome but what use we both are stuck up here.. " :-) .. Since we had a long journey we refreshed ourself and had lunch at 2.00 pm. Once after lunch, Others in group wanted to go into the sea. I didn't have any intrest in getting into the sea, after meals. But this is the problem even though you don't want one has to follow the group .. ( TeAM work ).. I too followed the team.
People entered sea, I had to change dress and come, (I did with little intrest) and started playing, We had enough fun there. We played with basket ball maar peet, ( This game in not difficult to understand get the ball and hit the other team, that's it ) . Suddenly ppl started leaving the sea, all said they will be back in five minutes. I felt it its fine to wait inside the sea, than going and comming .. ( I was lazy to walk and come back ) my self stayed in water , half an hour still noone returned.. then realized that few have gone for a walk from there and other are too tired to come back. Well After little more time finally 4 turned up.. By the time my hands and legs were Wrinkly, so i decided to go to land. After having bath , it was time for my amature photography session. I walked around for an hour and then returned to room, saw vijay sleeping in, I decided to sleep in the Hammock, seeing sunset, .. Could not see as it was little cloudy that day. Finally got up at around 7.00 am when shilli came and woke up.. It was time to have snacks and dinner.

From Devabagh


On going for snacks i preferred watching the sea than the faces.. I felt i need to be little lonely to connect myself with the nature.. I took my time.. and ppl started speaking and pourning in.. and Finally had dinner and left for the room.

Next day morning got up had breakfast and then went for the boat drive for dolphin watching and back. It was time to leave the place.

Photos available at

Comments

Prasoon Rana said…
Nice report man... Devbagh looks Kool and bit costly too.... will surely try to cover it sometime... keep travelling... Keep writing....:-)

Popular Posts