Journey of thoughts


Yesterday i came by Brindavan express from Bangaloreto Chennai, To people who don't know its a Train which leaves the Bangalore around 2.30 and reaches Chennai by 8.30. To tell you what its just start of summer, but the scorching heat in the train helped me stay awake the whole journey. Well Opposite to our seat there were Old couple with there grand daughter, She was full of enthusiasm firing questions on the grandpa and grand ma often. (Thank god, She did not fire few on me). Well the Train was Jam packed. I was with a Calvin and hobbes book , enjoying every part of the imagination, thought.
Few things which stuck me while the journey. I always believed that Road and rails are the lifeline for the booming rural economy. I still believe that. It comes with the cost of polluting the surroundings,the whole railway lines. I feel bad to say that i too had my share to pollute the environment. I was just seeing the people throwing bottles and bottles into the field all the way to chennai. I think if one has to clean the railway line then the amount of recyclable plastic will be enough to produce plastic for a state. My small step is to carry my dust, and not throw it out. but will the people do something about it. Secondly I was sitting in the Reservation compartment. It was filled with people who had unreserved tickets. Well i really think people are too bold not to follow any rules laid by the government.Here people have no fear to break the rules, but they feel they are smart than the others to get away with the law breakers. Take for example the Virgin mobile Advertisements.Thats what Indian youths have in my mind.

Coming to roads, I still remember a conversation on a topic of terrorism i had interacted with a person on the Kashmiri youth. Those words are still fresh in my mind, He started wit a question, How much time it takes for a rural villager to reach a hospital in your state. my answer was atmost 2 to three hours. He said well here in kashmir it would take more than a complete night to reach a fairly big hospital to save lives all these ages. Well now things are changing for good, people here realise the importance of roads, tourists for the sound economy and better living standards. We don't want to be left behind.I too felt that his views are very correct.

Coming back to our problem of polluting the environment, well we are ruining all the natural resources,We are going to leave for the generations to come. Or will the nature find its ways to put an end to us, as it has end the dinosaurs era... Will all these questions unanswered i put my mind to sleep..


Comments

Popular Posts