25th Dec - Dharmasala --> dalhousie ( reported in base CAMP )




Well Today Morning Started from dharmasala to Dalhousie. the Hotel wala said i do reservation for Dalhousie bus and took 125 rs. well truth is that it was a town bus and only 5 ppl were travelling from dharamsala to dalhousie, and no booking is required and ticket cost is 105 rs.. Well first instance of knowing that i was cheated. The travel took almost 5 - 6 hours. Reached Dalhousie at around 2.30. Then walked into the Base Camp and reported.

First person i saw was Mr Satish from bangalore.. well he did not care to turn around and say HI. I was given room no 103. Well there was a fundu condition. Person in first floor has to use secound floor Toilet. the Camp leader continued ,, first one is for the Ladies. ( I said Ohhh.. ) . Then walked up kept my bag in the bed and then sat there for 10 mins. and then decided its time to walk out and check the fitness level in altitude..

Fitness level -->

I went to the Base Market and then bought a slipper.. missed out need to go for toilet and all. then I started decending towards the Cantolment. well i decented to some distance may be 2 km .. and then Had a TEA ( tea is good every where ) .. then Started my test. Well I totally failed.. I was caughing and my breath was going up and down . In the damn fcuking cold i am sweting like hell.. I started saying to myself Dude u t too weak and unware abt the rythm,, well get the Rethym of the Breath faster.. because it is going to be difficult ... as u have to walk with load .. :-) ... in previous blogs i had written it might be easy .. well certainly not.. with loads at back.. getting the breath is going to be a daunting task .. well i have a day tomorrow .. I can do it..


After this test i thought i should find a browsing centre .. Well from by place the browsing center is nearly 2 kms .. UP hill had to walk up.. and i found in Gandhi Cowk A browsing computer.. this had only one machine attached and speed is tooo much,, I am waiting for a 10 mins to get the page loaded.. It has windows 98 .. Great configuration..
Well I waited for an hour because the other person was doing his business deals... checking his office mails... ;-) ...well and shouting on phone as well asking ID and password and domain as well to his developer may be.. :-))

I will be back to the Base station as the Sun has gone down and no light ... I did not bring my torch.. Blog after some time as I don't know when and where i can Blog.. ;-)

Well After blogging i reached Hostel tehre where was a short guy and on seeing me he said hai and introduced himself as SIVA.. ( at that point of time i didn;t know that he is going to be my closest pal for days to come.. ) He is full of energitic. and then he came in a group of 4.. Well siva is from Karaikudi, and we started speaking in tamil. ( MOther tongue affection ) .. Well he introduced to the othere in the group.. Prashant, Santosh and Sivamurugan. Well Santosh and Sivasubramain were always in there world of comfort zone just bullying others and always talking about the comfort.. first thoughts one can get is a papmered son's of a rich parents.. ( that was the same that came to my mind. ) well once we got introduced these ppl got there beds. Siva took the bed which was up ( first compartment ) . So we had more time to interact. Next to me there was a guy from maharastra Deepak Madukule..(Hope i am pronouncing it correctly). he was also cool .

MAP-->
As i started discussing about my upward journey plans.. and past trip( Dharmasala .. ) well i was always suggesting the distance and travel time from the maps ( thanks to the India map i got.. and little brains to read it :-)) ) .. so i started feeling comfortable there.

Then we came to know that we had to buy plates.. so went out with these guys (SIVA , prashant and co. ) to get the things. There i met Karthick and Muthu.. ( Whom i saw in orkut ) . he was cool gave an idea about the secound day... So bought things and back for dinner. Dinner was cool .. After that started the Camp fire..

IN YHAI it should be renamed as candle light .. than camp fire.. ( In the name of camp fire Candle is lighed ) and ppl shoutuing " fire fire camp fire " ;-) funny though. Then started the tourture time for me..
I could not sit in the place.. already my legs and back were paining .. and i need to streatch them up.. so i used this time to stretch my Legs and hands.. with the music. and occationally passing comments in tamil. .. ( all back bench guys stuff :-)) .. ) ... Suddenly siva said .. " that girl Seems to understand what we speak.. lets keep quite.. " that girl was "Shree Rashmi" .. On seeing facec i ignored ... well once the Camp fire was over i just confirmed by asking that where r u from .. Mysore was the answere so i walked. Yhea .. i forgot to tell about a intro of a Importantperson in the trek .. Nilesh .. ( Blueish ) .. Well First sight i thought he was tamil and i started speaking in tamil.. well i don't lknow y i felt and this happend 3 to 4 times in the trek...

In the start of the trek he also got attached. He had to sleep outside the Tent the DAY 1 and Nilesh gave 100 Very sweet reasons of him being Challenging .. and then Light off of the day..

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi udryot! i m Siddharth {Sid} I m 18 and a student and a member of yhai bhopal. Buddy i ahd also booked for dalhousie trek and gotta reach on 27th but hav 2 cancell the trek. Its nice to see that i am getting atleast the route info to get where from where..its really awsume man, u keep n posting and thrs one more thing if you can help me with tat i had cancelled the dalhousie trek of mine and i hav been told that i'll get 50% of teh deposit in return after the trek is completed, as i had booked it online from my credit card so i wanna know that how do i get the money back..
do amil me at siddharth_shakya@rediffmail.com or u'll find me at orkut..do let me know if you can ask about it. And 1 mre thing that after coming back do post the pics of ur trek..maybe i hope 2 visit next year..Merry Christmas and happy trekking!

Popular Posts