Preperation for Himalayan Trekking

Well I am total enthuciastic about my himalayan trekking . This is the only thing which is running in my mind.

I am a very cool till now. I have just booked my tickets till delhi. I am reaching delhi on 23rd Dec 06. Well things are not better after that .. I have to reach dalhousie on 25th dec 2006.. still no clue how to reach there.. Well train tickets are full.. I cann't even book tickets(WL reservation also full).

I have to pack winter. I have never packed.. so have totally no clue what to buy and how to buy.. well getting advices from ppl on what should be taken.. searching blog spots ab0ut experiences in trekkin g.. so things are going like that..

will post more about that ..


Well Weekend preperation was nil. I was reading through the site which tell to use the warmer chothes. Well I was making aware of the AMS . This was worth reading. Well i was never aware of this type of sickness that can happen to people. Well in preperation / buying part few of the friends told they would help .. but still to hear from them.


While going through one of the Blogs about the YHAI himalayan trek.. the author had written it to be Normal ... not to be tough so it has dampen my enthu.. Well to make it tougher I decide to go to Jummu and try something there .. may be Vishnu devi .. or may be something else.. still need to get the options.

Well one thing is now clear .. I have booked my return tickets from Delhi to chennai on 4 th Jan . Well need to find places to visit.

Right now i am confused -->

The options are straight
a. Jammu and near by places.
b. Himachal -> dharmasala , Shimla.
c. Panjab --> Amritsar, Chandighar. etc..

Hope i could visit all. but time constraints.. :-) .. I have 4 days 30 dec - Afternoon to 3 rd Jan ..
have to sort things out for the schedule.

Dec 11 -->

Nothing great progress today.

Well Delhi --> patankote tickets are still pending :-) well suggestions are to get the travel agent number and book the tickets and then collect it from there.. :-)
Plan B -> try to get the tatkal tickets for the train.


Regarding winter clothing . Well I am thinking of buying the Sleeping bags are can rent it :-( buying means expenses and i am almost bankrupt.. :-)) seems like need to get a loan for travel .

Other than that Nothing more.. will update later

Comments

Prasoon Rana said…
hey dude.... Nice to hear that u r going to Himalayas.. lucky u... take good care of urself and enjoy the trip... Delhi is getting Cooler and wht to say abt Himalayas so pack accordingly... let me know if u need any help... there should be enough buses for Dalhousie from Delhi... but pack a Warm jacket for urself...

Popular Posts