Social networking -- something in the past

I sometimes feel that social networking is a thing of the past, I used to be time when few can find me always online, chatting, blogging, twitting etc.. etc.. etc... Now I don't even update anything. I hardly visit any of my sites, blogs, social networking sites or tweet. All these have become as a past for me. Only once someone says there is something on any of these sites I come and login.

I think age is catching up, the thought process becomes more refined. I remember reading a story on some Sage, His disciples wanted to tell something to him, He asks is it something good ? disciples says "no", Sage asks -"Is it important for me to know ?", Answere to this was "no", thirdly asks "Is it going to do any good to me knowing it ?" then also the disciple answers  " no ".  If something is not a good thing, and it is not of any importance and is going to help me in any way, then why to know it rather.

This is the story of Social networking sites... Nothing important, nothing good, and no value add... Seeing back I see what I lost in past was time.. As i had Hugh amount of time, I use to be addicted to it. Now its not anymore, and it's not affecting me in any way.




Comments

Popular Posts