Holy places ignites the holy thoughts

Last two days have been a great time. The places i visited was rameshwaram. Well it was not a planned one. I was to visit to our ancestral temple in a small town Srivalliputtur, i went a day early. My parents were to come a day after. To use the day i asked my cousin if he could join, for which he readily accepted.

Rameswaram --> we went by Bus. I was still carrying memories of childhood of crossing the Pamban bridge on train, and the road next. Well this time i wanted to see how the image has changed from what i had registered a very long back. Well things hav changed a lot. The view from the Pamban bridge was woow. Well these are small memories. what i was amazed was people. I could see almost everyone speaking in hindi. That was a surprise to me. I saw so many mandaps of Rajasthani, Gujarathi. Everything written in hindi everywhere. Well all these put lot of questions in my mind. We hired an auto, to see all places. I enquired what special that all people speak hindi. He then told. Rameswaram the Tourist is majorly Hindi speaking population, comming and staying here for atleast a week. The local tourist is very minimal. And the various trusts compete here with each other to own a land. All the locals hav sold lands to the Rich and are making their livings. Well Rameswaram is not so rich. Its poor, The majority of the population there is of old people, have no money even to run the daily life. I saw proverty and poor all over the place.

I generally do not support begging.I think if person has will to do things, they can. But something which stuck me deep, I saw a very old women, with the dirtiest clothes and with a very dull eyes. my mind was saying she must be ill. She walked crossing the road, and asked me Son, i am so hungry can you give me something to eat. I had nothing, but i said take this money and eat in the canteen next. Well i saw happiness in her eyes, and she just kissed my head. and said god bless u my son. Well i dont know i felt sad for the women, who in her old age, had to still struggle for the food. Then my mind started working, It said well in india most old people are in Holy pilgrimage. The Kasi image came to my mind.

Deep inside i started thinking, well most remember us or take care of us, when we are good and healthy. But the image is going to be worse when i reach her age. Now only people forget others when they are away from sight. What a so called Information era, where telecom is mantra. Communication is in ur fingertips. Still more and more people are isolated. Someone you think are ur life are one who are avoiding you. I am telling abt her childrens. I felt sad, and somewhere i see my faint image in them.

After a long time i asked for me, my parents, my friends. All i asked is for their happiness. All i asked is for enough strength to face life. enough hope to sail through the life. Bless me with people around who really, enjoy my company and not abandon me.



   

Comments

Popular Posts