How to make your web server to be seen from internet.

Have you been thinking, I am having my web server behind my wi-fi router. How do i host my server which is running on my computer server to the outside world. Here is a solution, Login into your wi-fi router, ( generally the default login id and password would have been printed on your wifi router and the name given to the wifi router ). Check if there is a setting called forwarding, for your specific brand of wi-fi routers. Enable it for the web server port, ( default is 80 ). Similarly in your webserver as well change the default port, This way you would be able to connect to the webserver from the internet. Additionally you have give a static ip to your server machine, there would be a feature in DHCP to do so, where MAC address of the machine is required to assign the static IP to your machine. Once done, you should be able to connect to the webserver from the external network. In my house i don't have static IP, Have to find a way to get my IP from external network so that i can connect know and connect from the external world, Or have to pay and get a static IP.

Comments

Popular Posts