Weekend Trip

This weekend had to go to Devipattinam. Thanks to the astrologer consulted by my parents, who had found some issues with my planetary alignments. Asked me to visit Devipattinam. This is a small village in the East cost.Legend says that Lord Ram when returning from Lanka with Sita, offered his prayer to the local deity Devi and the worshipped Navagrahas. Since there was no temple for Navagrahas there he put 9 stones at the sea shore and did his puja. Those stones are still there and are being worshipped by many devotees still today. Few things are quite unique in this place. Sand dunes along the sea shores prevent strong tide reaching the seashore so the sea water here comparatively calm and tide less. If you are religious its said the Lord Jagannatha perumal stopped the waves with his palm raised to stop the waves. More reading...(it you wish to know abt the place ).
 
I reached there on the friday night, Once i reached there, I came to know that i had to do some pooja, Well its a marriage with a banana tree, for some dosha in my planetary arrangements. On trying to find out why and all, i struck in conversation with the others, what i came to know was banana tree is considered as female :P. and i might get married twice so, my first marriage is done with tree and then cut the tree. This is to overcome the fate that according to the astrologer i might get married and the female should die, :-)).. so he has fooled it by doing this.  :-). Woow .. what an idea. :). And then the navagraha pooja. :)

It was fun time. :) i told my parents .. See u got married and now you should not be bothering me much .. :)) .. or i am so sad my first wife is lost :))..   I put my status as I am married :-).. and got some good comments and discussions. Few are worried abt my status in Facebook :)).. not taking part in my sadness of loosing my wife :)..

I took my camera for the trip, but was in shock :P so did not even take the camera out, after knowing what i was to do :)) I had taken 2 snaps once i entered Devipattinam. So will attach that tomorrow :).





Comments

Popular Posts