Day of free fall

Day as though did not start well. With some meetings and discussions, etc. A generally Office day when you dont have much to do, but still have to be busy with meeting lot of people, understanding their thoughts, build failures.. etc.
I feel still my project does resist to the change, resist the change of moving to Agile. Where we being a feature team are suppose to deliver the end to end work. We need few changes to be going in a different component, but the so called component owners have to be asked, and on their availability we have to finish the tasks. I reminds me of the days when there were component owners and only they have to take the responsibility. I was looking in real agile world does this issues come? regarding who is the component responsible ? and is he the one who deals all the queries ? I remembered a Quote from the Agile Gurus - "You can make team follow ajile or you can fake it. All depends on what you decide to do." I feel we are doing the secound. All that is needed is a change in mindsets of people, bit of openness, and gradually giving up what they claim procession of components. Lastly people should not be taking things personally if someone else what to do the Job, if so called owner is stuck up with some other tasks. I felt this ownerships tag need to be removed and may be called experts. Where some amature teams does the works and claims the responsibility of the work done by it.

Finally in evening, Had a discussion with venkat, for 2 hours about my Tour route and things to see. I was so exited to tell my trip plans. :). I became 10 when we were returning from the Office, finally the lift at my office building almost gave up. Almost had a free fall in lift. Thank god we were in the basement :), it went and banged the spring i guess. Just 4 - 5 feet of free fall. :) One must have captured the expression on both the eyes. How confused the child would be when the least expected happens. We pressed the alarm, seems no one was interested to listen and come, we opened and came out. As usual took snaps of this.( its not in my camera, pics to be posted later. )


Comments

Popular Posts