Walking the memory lane

Today is teachers day, I am thankful to all my teachers, who thought me, subjects, life, and lessons. I had been a humble student all my life learning new things from all. Let me list few who really touched me, and made me realize a difference in me.

a. My Class 1 maths Teacher - Mala - She was the first/Last lady to give me zero in my maths, and caught me copy. :-(. I was so dumb that I kept kept my Maths Note in the Open in between my foot and assumed I can get pass. Once i was caught, I refuse to accept. She thought me that no matter what you do, do stand up and say truth and face the consequence, Thats the biggest quality in life. I do follow you.

b. My Class 6 Physics sir - Mani Sir - He is still my hero when it comes to teaching. Its his way of teaching, that made me interested in technology. He never used to follow the Book, He used to discuss the real life examples for the concepts and then relate it to the Topics. I was so interested in those stories and ask so many questions. :). Thats where my basics were made. Thank you, Mani sir.

c. My Class 9 History Sir - He always told us in class, History is what is told to us my the victors, and always asked to think, and told not to believe the written things, since it always favors the victors. :). I had written two essays in my class 9 - 10= 1. If Germans had won the world war 2. - I was appreciated in the class for concept of the my essay, did not win the essay writing competition to the mere fact that the presentation was not great. My History sir again told it to me in front of the class- The world never sees whats the content inside first. The first thing that attracts is presentation. Then the value of content. Had jawahar been typed and presented it in file, it would have been rated better. :-). This brought changes in my presentation. I could not change my handwriting much, but i did change the way i write, Use of multiple colors, underlining the main parts. It did help me in getting good marks in my Board. thank you sir. I do remember you still.

d. MY English teacher - Padmanarayani madam - I know you failed miserably in improving my Language, my spellings and my Handwriting, but still i do remember you. I hated you the most in when you used to tell me to write in the 4 line notebook. to change my handwriting. I like your idea, when i use to write cross in white sheet, to keep a sketch Lined paper beneath the white sheet to make the lines straight. :) . Madam now days no one sees my handwriting. :) so i havenot improved my handwriting.

e. My Class 11 and 12 th Maths Sir - Mani Sir - When he gave me the Model exam paper before the Board Exams of 12th, He felt i was not doing up to my potential. I had got 134 marks in my Maths out of 200. He said -" For most part of life man is maker of his own destiny". This statement was in front of full class. It really made me believe i am the maker of my own destiny. I do believe, I did is to get 20 Model question papers and solve it in 2.5 hours time. Finally in board i scored 198. :) .. Thank you sir.

f. Engg College Friends - I don't know i would rate my friends as best teachers than my Professors. They thought me so many nice things about life. I was out of school, Had no idea about anything. :). They thought me the survival techniques. :).. Over all it had been fun to study in Computer Science department. :) .I thank all my friends :)

g. Out of College Senior - to Job Fresher. --> Here i was put in a project, and was asked to develop a tool. We bunch of freshers did what I would call now is a prototype. I worked with friends Subbu, Brahan, and Jayan who helped me know my basics. and OOPS. :)

h. Siemens Guru's -> Had learned lot of coding, from Vinodkumar. He was my first mentor at siemens/NSN. From here, i was able to see and learn. :) technical i used to see the Code of Amal, Sanyam, Sujo, Murtuza, and few others and did learn the usage of it. :) it had really helped me know things. :) Thanks to all you ppl.

i. Photography gurus = First time i know what a DSLR means is when i first got info about it from Prasoon Rana. I beleive it was my first trek, and I see this guy with super camera and shooting at day light. He was first person who made me aware about term DSLR. my next week went in finding what is DSLR, how its different from other cameras, and i realized i had used SLR before, thats y my uncle camera pics were so clear.

j. Bike gurus - Jayan - I was trilled when i use to see his pics riding bike to Leh. Its way 5 years back. He had always been giving gayaan about piston, carburators, in the discussion forums. Still he is my first contact when it comes to bike. :)

k. Gym Instructors - Shawar and Alan - I was never a health conscious, I do see the energy you guys put in towards keeping us fit. Thanks for all that.


Lastly My friends who though me in Hard way :) -- To live life, to move on. Its because of you i explored my passions, It helped me in searching a traveler in me. To make me realize this world is not Enough for me... :)

Not to mention My parents and my Grandparents who are responsible for wat i am today.

Thanks to all teachers on Teachers day.



Comments

Popular Posts