This Day Last Month - Aug 16

Decided to write a day by day, but its not working so its a better ides to write a series like this,

Aug 16- 2009 - the day of Falls.

Last night Did not have much sleep, as i was much dreaming about the mountains and the beauty of the Kashmir valley. I am deeply in love with the Lash green valley and the beauty of the Green mountains and the green fields which make the one mesmerise.

Early Morning @7 started from Pathankot. Knowing today was also a long day with the first view of mountains. At 7.30 reached the Ravi river Bridge, The river divides the punjab and Jammu and Kashmir state. The security is so tight in the bridges, I found at least two police men on both sides of the bridge. I asked him the route to the Udhampur, as a guy told me you can avoid going through samba, it would be 20 Km less to udhampur and less traffic. I asked the police men. He told - On the way on every Bridge you will find a police man, You can ask anyone. :)  Once i reached the location, I again inquired about the route. The locals told that please don't take that route, as there has been raining, the "nala" (Small streams which are formed due to the rain water and waters from the mountains ) are over flowing, so please take the other route, i.e via samba. I then decided to ride through Samba. The Route through samba is via mountains, I was just thumping my way through the mountains with rain god pouring his blessings as shower over me. Its the first time i saw the weak rocks falling all due to my Bullet sound. It was amazing and bit scary as well. :) two times it fell after i passed, and other time it fell right near the foot. I was lucky in that scene, as the rock rolled over and stopped next to my foot. If it had been little slower, i definitely should be at bed for 2 months.

Once i passed through the mountains, Then on the rain a dog started chasing me, it was so much attracted to my bike sound i guess, and it tried to cross me in front, and Baaang... i hit the dog and i fell down. Unable to pick my bike up, in the raining conditions. The villagers came to help me. I got a special masala chai from the house next, they made sure i was all right, with 10 minutes i left the thanking them. :). Woow so nice people, I believe every one is nice, only at times they become worse to few. Then it was the land of Rajma Chawal. :). Had the Lunch somewhere in 200km from Srinagar, and while riding I met Tarak and Santhanu, First i went and said Hi to Tarak, First experession seeing him i thought It was a Firang, and then when he spoke in hindi, I realized he is indian. :) Tarak is a HR Consultant by profession (Another HR friend for me ), and  Santhanu a Dentist. Well All three were completely different in professions, have nothing but one thing in common is the liking of the Mountains. :) feels so good. I thought to ride for the day with them. We rode for the next 15 days together. From here my group riding started. I was zooming before, From now on the Bulleter ride started.

Bulletter ride - As told by Jayan/Jay. Is a ride at speeds of 40 -60 Km/pm. where one enjoys the thumping of the engine and the view of the lasting beauty around you.

I am not so used to Bulleter ride. I do high speed rides, It was a different experience altogether, First i was bit reluctant to change, as always Everyone reisists change. I was no exception. I then started to ride Slowly and started enjoying the Beauty of the mountains and the valley. We crossed the Jawahar Tunnel at 2.00 Pm, Near Banihil, Very High Security zone. Its 2.8 Km. For me Its the passage which leads you to the Heaven on the earth. Yep Its an engineering marvel.
More on this in the you-tube link.( well this link is not my video/ photos) i don't know i wasn't allowed to take pictures there. :(..

Then Its riding through the heaven Long straight roads, with lush green fields on both side of the road, and Mountains on both sides of the road, makes it the most remembeable scenes. that too when one is on bike he gets the panaromic view. :). the complete 3D effect when you are moving ahead with your bike. :)

From delhi-leh

Next 18 Pics are from the valley.

Reached Srinagar, and just before entering the city, secound nasty fall. :( .. I had parked the bike at the edge of the road, while climbing back the side stand slipped off road and the bike fell on my legs. :( while trying to take it out, i hurted my legs. :( a ligament tear. :( ..

Stayed in boat house, The boat house owner had taken me to the Hospital, well we had few discussions, I would write it separately in another post. Tarak and santhanu helped me in loading and unloading my bike. Thankyou guys. for all your help.  With pain and swollen leg with creep bandage, slept in the boat house in Dal lake. :)






Comments

Popular Posts