This day Last Month - 24th Aug 2009

River Rafting day -

I have lot of things to share on this day. Today we decided to do river rafting from Chilling to Nimu. some 24 Kms river rafting in the Zhanskar river. Early morning at 8.30 started from Hotel. We were three people and we had only two places in one Sumo and one place in the Van, So i had to go to the Van. The Van was filled with all Firangs (Foreigners). Initially all the Firangs started saying there is no space why you want to fill people in the van. :) well there was one seat made with the luggage, it was put down to make space for me. :) Then started the Questioning session, A lady siting next to me asked me a question ? what Caste are you ?... I was shocked, I asked why are you asking this question ? For that she replied that because I have heard in India people are superior or inferior from caste. I told her that its worst thing you can ask me. I said I don't share my Casts with others. :). Then she asked is it that your castes is Lower ?? I was shocked when she made such statements, I then said- " NO human can be lower are higher with his birth in the castes, Its generally the Oldest method used in indian society and there are just four Caste according to the profession or the work the family was doing. In General Its more like the profession. In the Hindu tradition there were four Major Castes - Brahmins, Kashtriyas, Vaishyas or shudras. Brahmins are Generally priests, The Kashtriyas were warriors, the business men were the Vaishyas and the Other helping professions were Shudras, well in different localities in India you can see the various versions of the same caste. I belong to one of the Kashtriyas castes." I warned her not to tell any caste low or high, or she might be Jailed. :))..
After hearing this people around were asking me questions on Indian history, Few people whom they have chatted before never gave my view of India to them. I always carry pride to say --" Yeh mera India , and I love my India ". Thats reason my friend once gave me a name - " Mera Bharat Mahan ". :) i remember you, and ur given name as well. :)

These discussions went on till we reached Chilling. :) Chiling was so cold, and we had to get into the water dry clothing :). It was really difficult for me to get into it. :-). This time All the Firangs were undressed ;) and all other people around were having a beautiful view in the beautiful Valley of Chilling. :)).. I felt odd or bad the way these tour guides were acting.. :) especially the Driver of the Other vehicle. He was too much in high, and whenever those gals told He is so hot :)) etc.. he was acting too much.. :)) well there is a bit of Jealousy as well :P ..

Thank god I went in the Other raft where those Cartoons were not there. :) the raft consists of 8 people and we Three, ( tarak, santhanu and me ) + a european couple ( Irish guy with a english Gf ), a Israel lady, a Russian couple ;-) .. The best looking was the Russian female ;).. Really i admire Russian beauties. :) there eyes are so blueish.

The water in the chilling was so chilling :)).. Obviously one cann't expect the water from glaciers hot. Just whenever it touches it was creating vibes from the spine till brains. :) as if one would freeze, and the cold breeze with moisture add a great degree of coldness. If sun Hides in the shade, it would get chill and all would look for sun to come out of the cloud cover.

Till half way everything seems to go fine, i was in the front of the raft. We reached the middle, and Tarak and Santhanu wanted to row from front. Once we started back, within minutes there was a rappel, and first i saw Santhanu going out of the Raft, I said santhanu has fallen into water, and then realized that Tarak also was missing in the raft. The guide then throwed the rescue rope to Santhanu and he pulled him into the raft in seconds. I was shouting Tarak is moving ahead. The guide then told Santhanu to move back fast and then row. By this time Tarak was already flowing with water. we then started rowing faster towards Tarak, and by time he had to put the rope back and then throw it to Tarak. He stayed in water for long, and had got some bruises. What i admired was his calm, First thing he told is water is cold, i need a hot coffee. :) a laugh burst out from all of us. We sailed back to the Nimu. :).

Its a day of full watching scenic places and few scenes :). Over all Happy day to end. In evening went to do Purchasing as we have to leave the capital of heaven tomorrow. :) I bought Pasmina shawl for my mom and sis. It was the costly purchase of my Trip.

Comments

Puthali said…
this day last month, was experiencing Leh travel blues at office...
'n yea even one of my friend fell into water
'n was dragged on for almost 10mins, finally another raft ahead of us rescued him...it was really scary...
Jawahar said…
:) ..
10 Mins, thats too much time for one to get frozen.. Lucky i was not the one..:) ..


Its scary, I asked the person organizing white water rafting, if the whole boat topples he told in freezing conditions one as to get all in boat in 5 mins or its would be much risky.

Popular Posts